“This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing”

My Dear Readers, 

As many of you may know, the World Yahtzee Institute is well-known for its longstanding practice of granting each of its employees a 30 day sabbatical every calendar year. The WYI encourages that the time be used in retreat from the modern world, allowing a state of seclusion to stimulate your Yahtzee unconscious. In June, I began my 2012 sabbatical in the lowlands of Ecuador. Years ago I made a promise to a shaman that I would celebrate my birthday with him and his tribe, and this was the year.

My hosts took every effort to make sure that my birthday was wonderful. It turns out my spirit animal is an armadillo. But a few days after the festivities I began to develop sores on my arms and legs. I didn’t think much of it at first, but they soon became excruciating. I was forced to leave the tribal village and my friends. Their healing waters were good, but I needed access to more modern forms of medicine. The diagnosis by a doctor in Quito – Hansen’s disease, better known as leprosy. 

I was very fortunate to have caught it early and I was able to return home to London two weeks later with no permanent harm done. While I was laid up in hospital The Yahtzee Manifesto celebrated its one year anniversary. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to make it back in time for the gala but a number of well-wishers greeted me upon my arrival at the airport. I’m continuing to rest as I slowly regain my strength. The doctor prescribed a daily dose of Yahtzee and it’s reinvigorating me! I’m excited to be into the Manifesto’s second year, and we still have so much more to accomplish. Thank you, comrades, for your continued support!

Yours truly, 

Louise Proctor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief History of Yahtzee

Tie Game

Perfect Time for a Yahtzee Cleanse